Friday, April 30, 2010

Welcome to the World Hudson!

It's Baby Time!
April 23, 2010
Methodist Germantown

Hudson Andrew Miller
Born on 4/23/2010
6 lbs 4 oz. - 19 inches

So after my doctor's appt on the 19th - the nurse called me that next day with my lab results. They discovered from the blood drawn that I had really low blood sugar, extremely low. They were a little concerned but I felt totally fine. The nurse said we'd just wait til my next appt the following Monday and retest the blood. Well Thursday arrives and the doctor's office called me back again and said Dr. Williams wasn't happy with the results and didn't want me to wait until Monday to have it retested so I was instructed to go to the hospital after school and have the blood drawn again. Those of you who know me well...can you imagine my agitation?

Upon arrival to the hospital on Thursday afternoon I had my blood pressure checked and my blood drawn again. My blood pressure was literally sky high - 178! The norm is around 120 or less. Kidney enzymes looked bad too so the nurse and the doctor on call made the decision that I would stay in the hospital for a couple of hours so they could monitor me. Well, around 7:30 the doc came back and said I had a case of preeclampsia - a common pregnancy complication that effects your blood pressure. She said it was best to go ahead and induce labor, especially since little buddy was full term (I was 38 weeks on Friday).

So...we got ready to have a baby! Quite a shocker I would definitely have to say but the surprise factor was very exciting:) First they put me on magnesium for the blood pressure which I can definitely say was by far the worst part. Then they gave me pitosin to start the labor. The two drugs apparently counter act with one another so I was forewarned by the nurse that is was going to be "a long night". Around 9:30 they broke my water. 11:45 I asked for the epideral. And at 3:00 am I was ready to push! Long night...hum, not so much. But I was glad things progressed so quickly.

At 3:56 am our baby boy, Hudson Andrew Miller, was born weighing in at 6 lbs. 4 oz. and 19 in. long. He is absolutely perfect! We couldn't be more excited! He really is a true blessing from the Lord and I think a spitting image of his handsome daddy:) Welcome to the world Hudson! We love you so much already.

Me getting ready for the long night ahead

Proud parents

Looking up at daddy. Isn't he cute?!?

Lots of good friends came by to congratulate us

Evie and Ramsey even came by to meet Hudson and snack with me:)

Thank you to all our good friends and family for their support and encouragement. It has been such a fun road and we are looking forward to the journey ahead.


2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! We are so happy for you and Micah. Take care and hope to meet Hudson soon! Oh, his room is adorable! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet looking boy! can't wait to hold that little buddy! hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete