Sunday, May 23, 2010

One Month Old

Happy One Month Birthday!
May 23, 2010


Today our little handsome man is exactly one month old! I can't believe how fast time has flown by. It seems like yesterday we were in the hospital preparing to have this child. Wow! Hudson has grown like crazy and has become quite the good little eater I will say. He is really alert during the day, loves play time on the floor and his swing, enjoys car rides and our daily walks, and is generally a happy baby:) Now if we could only figure out how to sleep better during the night.

Updates:
Well, after I went on maternity leave the school had to take my computer for my sub so I haven't been able to post pics or blog. I feel a little behind but here's what's been going on over the last month.

We've had lots of visitors come to meet Hudson and drop off meals. This has been so very nice. I don't think I've cooked a meal in over a month!

Emily and Hudson

Ashleigh Peak came to do Hudson's newborn photos on May 5th. I am looking forward to seeing them. She is an amazing photographer and I can't believe how much patience she has photographing all these newborns. It was a long day (4 hours) but I have a feeling it will be so worth it:) Here is a sneak peak of our session.

Cute baby boy

On May 8th we went down to Oxford to see Zachary graduate from Ole Miss. It was such a beautiful day in The Grove and Hudson did great! Slept through the whole thing. Zachary graduated with a degree in Secondary Education. We are so proud of him and how well he has done both on and off the field over the last 5 years. Congratulations buddy!

He did it!

Congratulations #1

Last Tuesday we went to the pediatrician for a check up and Hudson weighed in at 8 lbs. 7 oz. So I was very pleased that he was gaining weight. We also had to have his tongue clipped b/c Dr. Kloek decided he was pretty tongue-tied and boy, I can't believe what a world of difference this has made with feeding! The procedure took all of two minutes and Hudson cried for like 5 minutes but was fine after that. Mommy on the other hand was a wreck before, during, and after!

Play time. He's getting big folks:)

We went up to the school for Field Day last week and for my class to meet Hudson. The kids were so excited to see us and even gave us gifts! I had a great class this year and will miss them all very much. My sweet girls were in awe of Hudson I think and stood by the stroller the whole time. Haha! All of the teachers were so welcoming and it was nice to catch up with my GES friends. Most of them decided our boy looks more like daddy...not so bad I guess. I seem to think the guy is pretty handsome.

Me and some of my girls

That's it for now. Enjoy the rest of May. June is right around the corner. Yay for summer break!

No comments:

Post a Comment