at the doctor for a checkup
The 4 month stage that is. Buddy is really doing so much these days. He's really active and showing so much personality. Lots of smiling, cooing, and even laughing! August 14 was a big milestone - he rolled over for the first time. I was so proud! He's definitely keeping me on my toes. The only bad part - nap time has slowed down a bit. He'll take a little morning nap most days and a really long afternoon nap but that's about it! So I have to plan to get the majority of stuff done in the afternoons now - shower, emailing, facebook time, bible study homework, exercising - yep it's a challenge to fit it all in but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I am really enjoying getting to stay home with Hudson. I love being able to watch him change and grow. Yes, I am extremely thankful to my husband for allowing me to do this. It is truly a sacrifice on Micah's part. I mean, we only have one income now and that is tough to say the least.
We went to see Dr. Kloek yesterday for Hudson's 4 month checkup and shots:( He got a clean bill of health so I am very thankful for that. He was even showing off a little for the doc...rolling over on the examination table. Haha! Everything looked good even though Hudson is still struggling going #2. The doc says he's fine and should grow out of it. I hope soon b/c this little problem of ours has been going on for 3 months now and it has me really really worried.
His current stats:
- 25 percentile for weight and head circumference (he weighs 13.7 lbs)
- 50-75 percentile for height (the doc thinks he's going to be long on lean! haha, yeah right)
He likes looking in the mirror:)
Here are a few other things going on now at the 4 month stage with buddy:
- sleeping through the night!
- 5 feedings a day - usually eats 6-7 oz. when given a bottle
- 2-3 naps per day
- likes tummy time
- rolls over
- smiles, makes cooing noises, and laughs
- loves TV! Especially Sesame Street
- enjoys bath time
- likes to play in the exersaucer and johnny jump up now (although no jumping yet)
- loves his hands - grasping stuff and sticking them in his mouth
- can suck his thumb