Friday, August 27, 2010

Julie's Bachelorette Weekend and More..

Julie's Bachelorette Party and
Hudson's 1st trip to the beach!
Destin, FL

So I took our baby on a bachelorette party. Horrible right?! Well, I didn't have much choice in the matter. See, Julie - the bride to be - wanted to go to Destin for her Bach and we were going to stay in my parent's friends condo. The plan was set and then we found out Daddy had to go on his annual company meeting. Awesome. Well the in-laws work and my parents were scared to keep Hudson since I was still breast feeding and quite frankly I didn't have enough milk stored up for little buddy anyway. I couldn't back out. 1) I'm the matron of honor 2) All of us girls were staying for free in the condo courtesy of my parent's friends. Basically if I backed out then we'd have to reset the plan and I didn't want that to happen on my account.

So we added one more to the trip. Good thing we have a pretty laid back baby. I knew he'd do fine once we got there but I was just a little nervous about the 8 hour car ride. And the more I thought about it the more I got excited because this would be Hudson's 1st trip to the beach. Photo op! Plus, if he was anything like mommy then I knew he was bound to fall in love instantly with the sun and the sand:)


Seeing the ocean for the 1st time

Taking a little siesta under the umbrella.

Julie's bachelorette party in full swing

Overall, I think everyone had a good time. The whole weekend was pretty relaxing. Lots of beach and pool time. Weather was nice. It rained in the afternoons a little but that didn't hold anyone back. Friday night I got a babysitter and we all went out to Red Bar in Grayton Beach for dinner followed by a little Bud 'n Alleys. And on Saturday everyone went to the outlet mall and enjoyed one of our all time favorites - Olive Garden. Haha! Who goes to OG while on vacation? Um, we do I guess. Then we came back and watched Julie open all her lingerie gifts. She got a lot of cute things. She seems ready for the big day! It's less than a month away. Thanks for a fun time girls. It was good to see everybody and I think Buddy had a good time as well:)
Happy Bachelorette!

No comments:

Post a Comment