Thursday, April 15, 2010

Baby Pics

Baby Pics

So I wonder who this kid is going to look more like - me or daddy? Honestly, I kind of hope he favors Micah. Below are some pictures of us as little tikes.

Me pretending to be sweet

Micah looking just like his nephew Brady

Yes, that is me. I know, I look like a boy.

This picture cracks me up! Must be where Micah developed his love for reading - ha!

It's funny how I catch myself thinking about and obsessing over silly things like this. Do any other expectant mommies do the same? As if I don't have enough to worry about. The whole labor and delivery thing has got me so nervous I want to throw up just thinking about it.

On the bright side (because there is always one) tomorrow I'll be 37 weeks which is considered "full term" so I am very thankful to have made it this far. When I went to the doc Monday she examined me and said I was 3 cm and 50% effaced so....technically Hudson could come any day now. That is um, well, a little scary. We planned for a May baby and the thought of him making an appearance in April has got my world turned upside down. I wake up in the night thinking "I'm not ready. There's so much more I have left to do!" But then I slow down and remember that the Lord has it all planned out just as it should be and I need to simply let go and trust Him. That is where I am this week. Giving it all to God, who made this tiny miracle happen in the first place, trusting Him completely with all my worries and anxieties, and letting Him take control. Because the fact is, I can try and control things all day long but it's really not up to me. God is bigger. So much bigger. And I am thankful to Him for revealing that to me this week. So regardless of the fact that I feel not-so-ready and I have yet to back my hospital bag, wash buddy's clothes, finish the nursery, put away and organize all his new belongings...it is going to be just fine because we have put our trust and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ to carry us through this journey. And that is a really good feeling:) We can't wait to meet you Hudson Andrew Miller!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures!! We can't wait to meet Hudson, either. Looking forward to many play dates. If little Joshua doesn't come soon, they might just share a birthday! Hopefully Josh will come soon and I'll tell you all about how labor and delivery is no big deal and nothing to worry about. That'd be great, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! well there is no doubt that hudson will be gorgeous!!! i know you can't wait to hold that little baby in your arms! So glad that you are trusting in Him. I know it can be really scary but feel certain that He will see you through and you will do great!

    ReplyDelete