Wednesday, April 21, 2010

37 Weeks and Getting Ready



37 Weeks
Bags packed, car seat installed, mommy ready.

Went to Dr. Williams on Monday. Nothing has changed since my last appointment. Still 3 cm and 50% effaced. And needless to say I am getting to the point where I am very ready for Mr. Hudson to make his appearance. Sleep is interrupted nightly by constant trips the the bathroom and some severe heartburn and indigestion. This is all normal from what I understand so I feel like I really can't complain. A little swollen around the legs and ankles but nothing too bad. Micah has acquired a new job: my personal massage therapist. Not really, but he has to regularly rub my back quite a bit. My appetite is diminishing which is so weird. I love to eat and lately I can't seem to eat anything but small portions because I get so full! My bag is packed and ready to go. Hudson's diaper bag is also packed and his car seat is installed and last weekend we washed most all of his belongings so I guess you could say I am in the "nesting" phase. You think?

And yay! Our nursery is finished (for the most part). There are several little things we are still waiting on but if Hudson were born tomorrow, I think he'd feel very at home in his new room. Here are a few pics of where he'll be spending most of his days.

French doors leading into the nursery

Bedding made by the talented Mrs. Miller - aka "Granna"

Changing table is stocked and ready to go

Dresser full of cute clothes for the little man

His big sister, Riley, is also anxiously awaiting his arrival. Haha! Not sure she really understands what's going on, but she likes to go in his room and snoop around and lay on the rug. It pretty much melts my heart. I think she is going to be so sweet with our son. Just like our friend's dog, Maddie is with their twin girls:) I can't wait for them to meet!

Riley waiting to meet her brother

Another cool thing I discovered this week - On Sunday we had a guest pastor at our church while Ernie was in China. They call this guy "Pastor Wa-Wa". He is a pastor for a church in Haiti and shared his testimony about how he became a christian and was persecuted by his own family for accepting Christ. He talked to us about how God uses our suffering to produce a much bigger blessing. He suffered and was cast aside by his own father but now has this incredible relationship with Christ. And despite the tragic earthquake he said there have been some awesome things happening with his church and with other survivors he knows. It got me to thinking and reflecting on how the Lord is blessing us through this time of suffering...rather, my intense uncomfortableness I'm experiencing with the pregnancy. It's funny how scared I used to be about the whole delivery process. Now I am just plain ready. And I think it's because the Lord has used this time of extreme difficulty to prepare my mind, heart, and body...for the true blessing that's about to unfold. I think it's pretty remarkable how He does stuff like this!


1 comment:

  1. Your nursery pics are so cute. I can't wait to see pics of Hudson when he arrives. I will be praying for a safe and healthy delivery!

    ReplyDelete