Monday, April 2, 2012

The Devil

The devil came to visit our house last week...

in the form of Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. Which is absolutely the worst kind of sick Hudson's ever been. Hands down way worse than the stomach bug in my opinion.


feeling and looking pitiful


Buddy started acting funny late Sunday/early Monday and despite my usual refusal to take him to the doctor I decided Tuesday morning to keep him home from school and just go in to let Dr. Mitchell see what was going on since he was running a pretty high fever and just acting pitiful, crying alot, no appetite, and just being super needy. After checking his ears she looked in his mouth and immediately gave me the HF&M diagnosis.

He had ulcers in the back of his throat but thankfully nothing ever appeared on the bottom of his hands or feet. I felt terrible for him, because I could just imagine how bad he felt. And the saddest part was that there is really nothing you can do to treat this thing. It's a virus so it just has to run it's course...blah!

So we stayed homebound the rest of the week and just took it easy and relaxed. I gave him lots of motrin for the fever and tylenol for the pain and thankfully by Saturday he was feeling much much better. I pray we never have to go through this again! It truly was pitiful:(

Mommy sympathy: breakfast in bed:)


No comments:

Post a Comment