Monday, July 11, 2011

What to do when it's 102

Degrees that is.

The high is 102 degrees today. Oh my!

Seriously. It's too hot to go outside and staying inside the house all day is likely to drive one stir crazy. So what do you do when it's 102?

Hudson and I took a trip to the Germantown Public Library this morning. He likes books and reading so I was sure he'd be a fan of the library. And I was right! He had so much fun looking at books and playing on the red wooden firetruck thing they have in the children's area. Even pitched a little fit when it was time to leave. Don't worry Hudson, I'll bring you back soon.

checking out the books

 cool firetruck

climbing up the firetruck

future fireman?

After the library we headed to the grocery store. Which is one of my least favorite things to do (ask Micah) especially with a baby. But we were in desperate need of food. This time I decided to try out the shopping cart/car thing which is officially now my new best friend. Whoever invented this is an absolute genius! The question I kept asking myself was why in the world hadn't I tried this before? Boy, did Buddy love it and it made for quite the pleasant shopping experience. He lasted an hour. Yep, I said an hour. One hour in a grocery store. Unbelievable! 

Look how happy it made him:)

No comments:

Post a Comment