Saturday, July 2, 2011

changes, changes, changes

Since I'm 100% convinced I have early onset of Alzheimer's, I must write down to recall. Anyway, there have been quite a few changes around the Miller house these last few weeks.

Some big. Some small.

For example, our little 14 month old buddy boy is now taking one nap a day. This may seem small - probably insignificant to most - but let me tell you this is HUGE in mommy world! Huge! Just ask any mom.

I decided to try it out yesterday being July 1st. Sounded like a good time to start something. The first of the month. Maybe it's the "organizer" in me....or maybe like I mentioned above since I know I have a mild case of Alzheimer's the 1st was an easy day for me to remember.

According to everybody I've talked to the key to success is keeping your little one busy and active during the time they would be asleep for their morning nap. So Hudson and I met some friends at Riverdale Park yesterday from about 9:30-10:30 followed by some grocery store action - lunch at 11:30 - down for the one and only nap at 12:00. He slept 2 hours, woke up and cried for like 2 minutes, and then went back down until 3:15. I was honestly shocked and of course pleasantly surprised! And I got so much accomplished in that 3 hour time span.

Tried again today. Morning run/walk followed by a trip to the GAC pool. Lunch at 12. Down by 12:30. It's now 4:00 and my sweet angel is still sawing logs....

So that's one small (huge in my eyes) change to report. More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment