Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Birthday Surprises!

So yesterday, March 1, I turned 29. Blah. It was a fun day overall with several good (and some not so good) surprises. Thank you to everyone who called, texted, sent FB messages. I definitely felt very very loved. One more year til the BIG 3-0. Yikes!

GOOD vs. NOT SO GOOD

The day started off a bit too early for me. Hudson woke up an hour early for some unknown reason so my day started bright and early at 6 am - NOT SO GOOD

I did however get to take advantage of the beautiful sunny weather and went for a morning run. By myself might I add. (Micah was with Hudson) - GOOD

Then some of my friends took me to lunch to Panera - one of my favorites - GOOD

They even got me birthday happys:) - GOOD

Put Hudson down for an afternoon nap. He slept maybe an hour - NOT SO GOOD

Went to the park with Hayley, Alicia, and Emily and the kiddos - GOOD

Celebrated with family and dinner at the Millers. Mama Miller, aka Martha Stewart, cooked a delicious meal. She even made her famous homemade biscuits (my favorite) - GOOD

Put Hudson to bed at 8. He woke up at 11:15 pm screaming his head off and I panicked. He hasn't woken up in the night since the end of Dec. or first of Jan. so I didn't know what to do. Went in and no dirty diaper. He didn't want to be held or rocked so I just put him back in his crib and let the poor thing cry it out. I had never done this before and it was so painful to watch on the monitor. But I was sure nothing was wrong with him (except for maybe a tummy ache from all the ice cream bites we gave him throughout the day) so I decided to give it a try. I was sure he woke up the neighbors. I felt awful and honestly just prayed the entire way through it. After 35 minutes of crying and whimpering he finally fell asleep. And somehow managed to still wake up at 7 am - NOT SO GOOD

The GOOD definitely trumps the NOT SO GOOD category so for that I am very thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment