Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lubbock Living is the Life for Me

Christmas continued...
Dec. 26-Dec. 30
Lubbock, TX

We continued our tour of the great state of Texas driving west from Dallas to Lubbock, where Micah was born and raised. This will have made only my 3rd trip to Lubbock and of course, Hudson's first. I really love going at Christmas time. Unlike me, Micah comes from a BIG family so there's always so much excitement whenever everyone gets to come together. And just like before, it was a packed house at Mimi's...she had something like 26 stockings hanging from the mantle when we arrived. Now that's a lot of folks! And this sweet woman buys something to go into every single one of those stockings. But my favorite part about this trip is gathering around Mimi's piano and singing Christmas carols. I guess I just always wished for a big family when I was little and it's so neat to see that now, I actually have one. And they are all great. Seriously. I am incredibly blessed!

Unfortunately, I did not get to capture Micah and Zachary upon arriving at the famous Taco Villa (a nicer Taco Bell if you ask me - but don't tell them) in Lubbock. I am not kidding when I tell you this was the main focal point of all conversation on our way to Texas and even more so when we were in route to Lubbock, where the yummy delicious Taco Villa resides. Our schedule was planned around eating there and Micah even brought home a little TV souvenior - ziplock bags full of Taco Villa sauce. The man is obsessed. Obsessed.

Here are just a few pics from our trip to Lubbock
I was amazed he knew exactly what to do!

Dianna's little one, Hallie, after eating some chocolate. Her favorite:)

Granna and her buddy

Grace helping out Mimi at the piano

Micah's sweet cousin Jessica, me, and Hudson
She turned 16 on Christmas day
Happy Sweet 16 Jess!

No comments:

Post a Comment