Friday, December 14, 2012

Remembering Evie Grace

This month we remember a precious angel, Evie Grace Harrison, who went to be with The Lord two years ago on December 9th.  We love you sweet little Evie!



We started by participating in the St. Jude 1/2 Marathon on Dec 1st as her parents, Jonathan and Alicia, put together a team to run in her honor and to raise money to donate to The Make-A-Wish Foundation and grant a deserving child their "wish." They do this every year and thus far they have raised enough money to grant three wishes! Awesome.

This was my third race and I must say I enjoyed it the most. It was so much fun to run for a team and cheer everybody on. Check out some of the Team Evie pics below from that day. And side note: just have to say I hit my goal and completed the 1/2 in 2 hours - a personal best and big accomplishment for me, considering I hadn't done anything remotely good for my health since getting pregnant with Hayes last year. And although I don't have a competitive bone in my body, I did beat my husband's time so that was just an extra added bonus:) Didn't see that one coming but I'll take it!


Natalie and Me after it was over!

TeamMiller4TeamEvie

Getting ready to go

The boys of corral #8

Running down Riverside Dr
Can you see the pyramid in the distance? Pretty sweet



And then on Sunday, Dec 9th, some of Ramsey's friends got together at Evie's Garden to eat lunch and decorate a Christmas tree for her. The rain held off so that was so nice and the kids seemed to have a good time running around and decorating the tree. Ramsey amazed me. She always does. She loves her sister so much and talks about Evie a lot and I think she was just so happy to be there and do something sweet for her like decorating a tree. And the fact that she wanted her friends there to be involved just tells me she has a heart for others to know and remember Evie too. All this from a almost 4 year-old. Wow. Ramsey, you are wise beyond your years my dear. And such an inspiration to us all. We love you and remember your beautiful, kind-hearted, silly, big blue-eyed twin sister. We are all so honored to have known her. Thanks for letting us share this special day with you and your family!


Ramsey concentrating on making the tree beautiful - just like her mama:)


Hudson helping...


Merry Christmas Evie! Hope you love your tree:)


Thank you again to Jonathan and Alicia for all you guys do to keep Evie's memory alive. You are incredible parents!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment