Thursday, April 7, 2011

Say it Ain't So

I have an almost ONE YEAR OLD! That is so crazy to think. People always told me when I was pregnant  to "savor every moment" because "time flies by so fast" and before you know it your child has grown up "in the blink of an eye"...

seriously? trying to walk. 
Perfect example of time flying by too fast

Caught ya! My attempt to savor this sweet smile for as long as I can.

I blinked and he was gone from the kitchen.
Found him playing in his room with a furry friend. 

So cliche those sayings - but oh, so true. Like most things in my life I should've listened more closely and taken that advice to heart. I mean, I have a bazillion pictures of Buddy up to this point but looking back, I regret not keeping a journal or jotting down those huge baby milestones they talk about like the first time Hudson smiled, rolled over, slept through the night, or said "mama." I have a blog I guess for those purposes but this blog is not something I update all that regularly and if I had to do it daily, well that just makes my head spin.

So anyway - my advice for those of you who are expecting - take the time to remember the small, seemingly insignificant things the first year of your child's life. Or even during pregnancy for that matter. Jot it down, buy a book or journal, blog, take pictures, whatever tickles your fancy but just do it! That is my 2 cents. Here is a poplar book/journal that I'd like to purchase next time around. It's the Pregnancy Journal. They have one for Baby's First Year as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment