Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday, Easter Bunny

Easter Sunday
April 24, 2011



1Cross, 3Nails, 4Forgiven

I just loved that phrase so when I came across it today I just had to steal it! How perfect is this reminder for today and everyday for that matter. It paints such a vivid picture in my mind of Jesus' death on the cross and the true meaning of "Easter Weekend."

My initial thought when I think of the cross is Jesus' death and crucifixion, which of course brings about feelings of sadness, humility, unworthiness.

Then I am reminded that He conquered that indescribable death, defied the odds, fulfilled the prophesy, rose from the dead. Amazing! And because He bore the sins of mankind, His blood covers us and makes us forgiven in the eyes of the Lord. Unbelievable!

Why do you look for the living among the dead?
He is not here; he has risen!
-Matthew 24:5

I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around it sometimes. It just seems too much. But the fact of the matter is this - Jesus died on that cross and bore my ugly sins so that I might be forgiven, cleansed of unrighteousness, and ultimately live eternally with Him in heaven. Very cool.

God made him who knew no sin
to be sin for us, so that in him
we might become the righteousness of God
-2 Corinthians 5:21

My prayer is that we all take some time to remember this good news not only during Easter but really make it a priority to remember throughout the entire year. When circumstances are crummy, on good days, on bad days, during spiritual highs and lows. I know I need that reminder myself most days:) 


Easter Bunny
April 22, 2011

Took Buddy to meet the Easter Bunny at the Collierville Mall on Friday. I was pleasantly surprised at how well Mr. Hudson accepted EB. 

He sort of like EB we think:)
Next year might be a different story

Clapping for EB

Then we went to an Easter Egg Hunt at the Wingo's house later that afternoon. Had a great time with great friends. I am so thankful to have these people in my life. I really value their friendship and have so much fun spending time with them and their children. It was a Good, Good Friday!

Daddy helping Buddy hunt eggs

Miller Family

Addie was serious about the eats:)

Ramsey loves these 2 things most in life:
a) a good push on the swing
b) those pink sunglasses

No comments:

Post a Comment